From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pinot (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2021 00:17:48 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for that information.

> Presto references to Pinot have been replaced by Apache Pinot [3]. We do
> not own the Presto project, so cannot control other references such as
> Cassandra, etc.

But it is up to the project to make sure that its brand and trademarks are correctly used
by 3rd parties, that includes projects you don’t own. The other Apache projects mentioned
need to do the same.

> Confirmed that documentation on ThirdEye is still correct [8].

There is still some issues here, for instance click on “edit in GitHub” takes you to [1]
There are still branding and trademark issues on [2]. This page has incorrect instructions
on installing ThirdEye from the Pinot repo [3]. This still exists. [4] I’m still a little
unclear on the licensing of ThirdEye, can you please explain that? Also can you give some
detail on it history and why has it recently been moved out of the project [5]?

> There are no links pointing to [9] from the main page. The correct link
> should be [10]. Is there a place where this link needs to be removed from?

Look at the ThirdEye link under components in the footer of the home page.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/blob/master/thirdeye/docs/index.rst
2. https://thirdeye.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html