From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pinot (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:24:30 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for putting that information together, everything look goods, but I have a couple of
queries.

From your PMC I noticed one person Jackie Jiang has not sign up to the private list and has
not sent a single mail to the dev or private lists. Have you asked them if they want to be
on the PMC?  It might also be a good idea to discuss adding some of your existing committers
to the new PMC as well. They can be added in teh normal way after graduation as well. I also
noticed there one person who perhaps should not be subscribed to your private list (Jihao
Zhang).

I also notice that you have links on the front page to seem to point to non-ASF software?
Presto and ThirdEye. ThirdEye from memory is not compatible with the Apache license so I’m
not sure that the project should be promoting this on their front page and where they are
include big disclaimers warning people about this. Is this documentation still correct, [6]
I notice this no longer works [7]

The Presto documentation looks to have a few branding issue that need to be corrected [3].
Is the PPMC aware of this and doing something about it? I can see some other branding issues
with the presto webpage [4][5] (and other pages) and Apache projects with Pinot and Hive,
Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka and Druid. There might be others.

Has this license issue been fixed? [1] I can see the issue is still open [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rb2bc93448636e3238f72654426ecce232b46c73ed1447b9c47a1d49e%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/issues/6785