From Mayank Shrivastava <mayanks.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pinot (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:06:18 GMT
Hello,
The action item on the Apache Pinot team was to inform the Presto foundation to fix their
website references to Apache Pinot to state the full project name. This has since been addressed.
The Presto project is outside of ASF and there are no Presto folks in this thread.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
Mayank

> On Jun 27, 2021, at 3:53 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain to me what branding issues on the Presto website have to do with
the graduation of Apache Pinot?

> Separately, I will note that this page:
>
> https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector.html
>
> referenced earlier in this thread still has a large number of issues. Specifically, the
first and most prominent (they may or may not be the same) occurrence of an ASF project name
should appear in full. Therefore, I'd expect to see "Apache Accumulo", "Apache Cassandra"
etc.

> Since it appears that there are folks from Presto on this thread, I'm going to assume
that this is sufficient to make Presto aware that these issues need to be fixed.

> Thanks,
>
> Mark
> VP, Brand Management
>

>> On 17/06/2021 23:41, Mayank Shrivastava wrote:
>> Hello
>> Thank you Justin, Felix & Dave for your help and support with the graduation
process.
>> We have fixed the Apache Pinot branding issue in Presto [1]. We have also fixed the
footer of the main page [6] to say “Integrations” for Presto/ThirdEye/Superset, and not
“Components” as previously stated.
>> The ThirdEye project was discussed [2] and moved out of the Apache Pinot project
[3], and is no longer part of the Apache Pinot project.
>> We added disclaimers in the footer for pages referring to Presto and Thirdeye in
Pinot docs page [4][5].
>> The ThirdEye documentation at [6] is owned by the ThirdEye project. We have also
notified the ThirdEye team to fix their documentation about installing ThirdEye from Apache
Pinot, the “Edit on Github” link broken, and fix any branding/trademark issues referring
to Apache Pinot.