From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 2.0.0
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:47:55 GMT
Mikuli is from the same company that donated Cava… please, what are you talking about?

> On Jun 14, 2021, at 14:45, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Again, no. This code was part of the donation to the ASF. Someone took the defunct
code of the original project and copied it to a different project.

> I’m sorry but an entity can’t donate code that it doesn’t own the IP in. It’s
is unfortunate that this issue wasn’t discovered at the time of donation or in previously
releases, but sometimes that happens and that’s part of being an incubating project and
one reason why we have a disclaimer on incubating releases. The good news it is it’s under
a license compatible with the ALv2, so there isn’t a big issue here, it just needs to be
dealt with in the appropriate way.