From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 2.0.0
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:41:22 GMT
OK clearly I don’t get it. This code has been there since day 1 of the project in our repo
and in good standing.
Because someone on the Internet copied the defunct project prior to donation in no way warrants
this release to receive a -1, 3 years after the donation and multiple releases out!

> On Jun 14, 2021, at 12:30 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> That’s not the right solution. They copied code from the original project to a
separate project before it was donated to the ASF. This has nothing to do with Tuweni.

> I'st one solution. Tuweni can, I’m sure come up with other possible ways of dealing
with this. IMO It is an issue for the project as Tuweni has (though no fault of it own) ended
up with 3rd party code incorrectly labeled with ASF headers.

>> If anything, that project might need to set itself to compliance.
>
> Sure, and you might what to pass the information on to them, but that is a seperate issue
to Tuweni's compliance of ASF policy around IP clearance and licensing.

>> We use the .h file and a script to generate a first pass, and then we do heavy editing.
It’s our code alright.