From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Pinot (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:22:12 GMT
+1 (binding)

> On Jun 10, 2021, at 7:12 PM, Mayank Shrivastava <mayanks@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> After a discussion with the community [1], voting [2], and a positive vote result [3],
> we believe Apache Pinot (Incubating) is ready for graduation to a TLP,
> and we'd like to bring it up in discussion with the IPMC.
>
> To list a few of the community's achievements:
>
> 7800+ contributions from 168 contributors
> 7 releases by various release managers
> 6 new committers and 2 new PPMCs invited (all accepted)
> Diverse committers and PPMCs (from 7 companies/institutes)
> Apache website setup [4]
> Dev conversations at dev@pinot.apache.org <mailto:dev@pinot.apache.org>
> Assessed ourselves against the Apache Project maturity matrix [5]
> We have built a meritocratic and open collaborative process (the Apache way)
>
> [1] Community Discussion for Graduation <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r6068cae91a474e86595cc02d90701501d22c08274216301facf935cc%40%3Cdev.pinot.apache.org%3E>
> [2] Voting Thread <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9ca0b2ccc9b0fbdbee6a09aaf06b36ffd3a20e9cc1b810cdbe7c65d6%40%3Cdev.pinot.apache.org%3E>
> [3] Voting Result <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc371ca50ce8ff2d6c0b068165195526cfdbd08d915105573e17042d2%40%3Cdev.pinot.apache.org%3E>
> [4] https://pinot.incubator.apache.org/ <https://pinot.incubator.apache.org/>
> [5] Maturity Model Assessment <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PINOT/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+Pinot>
> Please see the proposed board resolution below and let us know what you
> think.
>
> The discussion will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> -------------------
>
> Establish the Apache Pinot Project
>
> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the Foundation
and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged
with the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a distributed data integration framework that simplifies common aspects
of big data integration such as data ingestion, replication, organization and lifecycle management
for both streaming and batch data ecosystems.

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC), to be known
as the "Apache Pinot Project", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further

> RESOLVED, that the Apache Pinot Project be and hereby is responsible for the creation
and maintenance of software related to distributed OLAP data store to provide Real-time Analytics
to power wide variety of analytical use case; and be it further

> RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Pinot" be and hereby is created,
the person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the
chair of the Apache Pinot Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Pinot Project; and be it further

> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to serve
as the initial members of the Apache Pinot Project:
> Felix Cheung <felixcheung@apache.org <mailto:felixcheung@apache.org>>
> Jackie Jiang <jackie@apache.org <mailto:jackie@apache.org>>
> Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org <mailto:jim@apache.org>>
> Kishore G <kishoreg@apache.org <mailto:kishoreg@apache.org>>
> Mayank Shrivastava <mayanks@apache.org <mailto:mayanks@apache.org>>
> Neha Pawar <nehapawar@apache.org <mailto:nehapawar@apache.org>>
> Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org <mailto:olamy@apache.org>>
> Seunghyun Lee <snlee@apache.org <mailto:snlee@apache.org>>
> Siddharth Teotia <siddteotia@apache.org <mailto:siddteotia@apache.org>>
> Subbu Subramaniam <mcvsubbu@apache.org <mailto:mcvsubbu@apache.org>>
> Xiang Fu <xiangfu@apache.org <mailto:xiangfu@apache.org>>
>

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Kishore Gopalakrishna be appointed to the
office of Vice President, Apache Pinot, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction
of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal of disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

> RESOLVED, that the Apache Pinot Project be and hereby is tasked with the migration and
rationalization of the Apache Incubator Pinot podling; and be it further

> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator Pinot podling
encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter discharged.