From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 2.0.0
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:45:32 GMT
Hi,

> Again, no. This code was part of the donation to the ASF. Someone took the defunct code
of the original project and copied it to a different project.

I’m sorry but an entity can’t donate code that it doesn’t own the IP in. It’s is unfortunate
that this issue wasn’t discovered at the time of donation or in previously releases, but
sometimes that happens and that’s part of being an incubating project and one reason why
we have a disclaimer on incubating releases. The good news it is it’s under a license compatible
with the ALv2, so there isn’t a big issue here, it just needs to be dealt with in the appropriate
way.

Kind Regards,
Justin