From Lewis John McGibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Helm chart as a derived downstream software artifact
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2021 03:10:31 GMT
I found the following...
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b40f5e388f14948722c150933106063fa73dc297149e7e63d3322458%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
But I'm still not clear on what is allowed and what is not...!
Can someone please clarify?
Thanks

On 2021/04/17 02:54:30, Lewis John McGibbney <lewismc@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi general@,
> I'm interested in releasing tika-helm [0]. tika-helm is a derived, downstream Helm chart
which provides a lightweight way to configure and run the official apache/tika Docker image
on Kubernetes.
> I would like the first release of this package to be an official Apache release. I am
therefore of the mindset that it should be treated as any other official Apache source code
release.
> Can someone point me to a precedent or policy pertaining to the publication of derived
downstream software artifacts such as containers, Helm charts, etc.