From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirecting retired podling websites
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2021 23:49:04 GMT
On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 at 23:43, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:

> > On Apr 3, 2021, at 3:38 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Not yet.
> >>
> >> Infra have not yet applied the PR, so the marker directories won't
> >> have any effect yet.
> >
> > The PR has now been applied.
>
> So, please review https://incubator.apache.org/podlings_retired.txt

No idea what that file has to do with this thread, or what you expect
me to review.

> If create a retired/$col1 directory on the website the trouble will resolve?

Try creating retired/tamaya/ and see what happens to http://tamaya.apache.org/
It should redirect to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tamaya.html

N.B. this only needs to be done for retired podlings whose URLs don't
already redirect.

There are only about 6 of those, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-262

> I want to make sure I'm picking the podling attribute you expect.

The directory name under retired/ must be the same as the unqualified
host name for the podling website.

i.e. tamaya for tamaya.apache.org or tamaya.incubator.apache.org