From Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubating Proposal of Shenyu
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2021 01:23:36 GMT
Hi Willem

Really appreciated. Please guide them to evaluate the status of the
community, and open the status to the Incubator and IPMC.
And this will be super important in their incubating and further
journey in the ASF.

Like all podling and TLP reports required,  please explain the meaning
of metrics, don't just show numbers.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> 于2021年4月17日周六 下午11:01写道:

> After having some talk with the project leaders, we will start a
> discussion in the dromara community to make a clear initial committer
> choosing standard.
> Then we will update the initial committer list by asking the selected
> committer if they want to join as the initial committer.
>
> BTW, to be more clear,  the incubating evaluation process only runs
> some checks on project branding, IP clearance and community related
> issues.
> There is no endorsement of the project's technology from Apache or the
> mentor side if the project is accepted by Apache Incubator.
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 7:36 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,

> > While not as high as some TLP this seems a little too high to me. A year is a long
time for someone to hang about on the chance they become a committer. They will probably make
your incubation journey longer. It’s also important to remember that people should b able
to become committers by not contributing code but by helping out in other ways, in particular
anything to do with community building.

> > There is no real harm is having more initial committers. The PMC / committer list
can be refined at graduation and people who have not made contributions removed.