From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubating Proposal of Shenyu
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2021 15:01:21 GMT
After having some talk with the project leaders, we will start a
discussion in the dromara community to make a clear initial committer
choosing standard.
Then we will update the initial committer list by asking the selected
committer if they want to join as the initial committer.

BTW, to be more clear,  the incubating evaluation process only runs
some checks on project branding, IP clearance and community related
issues.
There is no endorsement of the project's technology from Apache or the
mentor side if the project is accepted by Apache Incubator.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 7:36 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> We have make the election criterion of initial committer: continuously
> >> contribute for the last one year, code of lines over 3000, commits over 15.
>
> While not as high as some TLP this seems a little too high to me. A year is a long time
for someone to hang about on the chance they become a committer. They will probably make your
incubation journey longer. It’s also important to remember that people should b able to
become committers by not contributing code but by helping out in other ways, in particular
anything to do with community building.

> >> So Yonglun Zhang, Jinwei Qin and Lei Zhang will be removed from the
> >> committers list.
>
> There is no real harm is having more initial committers. The PMC / committer list can
be refined at graduation and people who have not made contributions removed.