From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Research on the incubator / mentor interviews
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2021 13:06:06 GMT
Hi,

I can be available if needed.

Regards
JB

> Le 8 avr. 2021 à 02:57, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> A National Science Foundation-funding research team may be asking you for an interview
to help them understand the ASF mentoring program.

> They are interested in mentors experiences and perspectives in the Incubator and understand
how mentors contribute to the successful graduation of podlings. The team is sending requests
to some mentors for an interview. I’ll be taking part, and I hope you do as well. They are
interested in sharing any results of their research with us. I think their insights would
be a great help to the Incubator and current and future mentors.

> Here’s a brief overview of the project:
>
> “Jumpstarting Successful Open-Source Software Projects With Evidence-Based Rules and
Structures” is a National Science Foundation-funded project that aims to understand how
governance impacts the success of open source software. The multidisciplinary research team
includes empirical software engineers and social scientists with diverse expertise in research
methods--including publicly available data, interviews, and surveys--working together to understand
sustainability in contributions to open-source software.