From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubating Proposal of Shenyu
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2021 23:35:51 GMT
Hi,

>> We have make the election criterion of initial committer: continuously
>> contribute for the last one year, code of lines over 3000, commits over 15.

While not as high as some TLP this seems a little too high to me. A year is a long time for
someone to hang about on the chance they become a committer. They will probably make your
incubation journey longer. It’s also important to remember that people should b able to
become committers by not contributing code but by helping out in other ways, in particular
anything to do with community building.

>> So Yonglun Zhang, Jinwei Qin and Lei Zhang will be removed from the
>> committers list.

There is no real harm is having more initial committers. The PMC / committer list can be refined
at graduation and people who have not made contributions removed.

>> During 2020-11~2020-12, we held source code sharing events.

Who was involved in the organisation f these events, I hope they are on the initial committer
list.

Thanks,
Justin