From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.14.0-incubating-rc05
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2021 02:28:27 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) as not all issues from last RC have not been corrected in particular the NOTICE
file

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hash is fine
- LICENSE has been updated and files mentioned in last RC before removed
- NOTICE is still not correct. The notice file is not for listing included/bundled 3rd party
software. The notice file should include any relocated copyright files, (usually from software
grants) and parts of notice files from Apache licensed bundled software.
- some files are missing ASF headers [4][5][6]
- No unexpected binary files
- I didn't compile from source

I can also see:
- There are still trademark/ branding issues with [1]
- It looks like this still contains unreleased code [1]
- This has still not been corrected [2] I can read the original but the translated text is
quite concerning for a number of reasons "As the main maintenance team of the Apache Doris
community, the Baidu Doris team also maintains a 3-bit iterative version (tags) based on the
official Release version of Apache Doris. Including quick bug fixes and new feature updates.”
- I also see mention of a product named "Baidu Data Warehouse Doris” this would not be allowed
under ASF trademark policy.
- I also see this domain name "http://doris.baidu.com/“ being used, This is not allowed
under ASF trademark policy.
- This page [3] is in serious violation of ASF trademark and branding policy. Again I cannot
read the original but claiming it's the official website Baidu Doris for starters is unacceptable,
as is the use of Doris logo on the page, not respecting ASF trademark etc etc IMO This site
need to be corrected or removed ASAP.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://hub.docker.com/u/apachedoris