From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Gobblin (Incubating) as a TLP
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2021 07:10:03 GMT
HI,

> 4. Regarding docker, per policy [1] I thought unreleased tags are fine (ie.
> if its nightly or snapshot), where-as the *latest* tag should point to an
> (approved) released code. Seems like my understanding was incorrect, so I
> will remove the unreleased tags from there as well.

You're correct that the latest tag should point to the the last approved release version of
the code. I was not sure this was happening in this case. Re other tags it's generally OK
if they are very clearly marked as not for public consumption/for project internal development
use only. If they get excessive number of downloads you may need to reconsider putting them
there as it may be the general public is using them.

Thanks,
Justin