From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.3-incubating Release Candidate 9
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2021 23:53:02 GMT
HI,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- al source files have ASF headers
- no unexpected binary files
- I didn’t build as I don’t have the prerequisites installed

I’m not sure why the BUILD file is empty. Int would be good to have simple build instructions
contained within the release in an obvious place rather than on the web site.

Also you should not be referencing this version on the website until it the IPMC vote has
finished. "The current version of Heron is 0.20.3-incubating-rc9” [1][2] You should also
have some sort of disclaimer on that page [2] as you are pointing users to unreleased code
(both this rc and master) [3]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://heron.incubator.apache.org/docs/getting-started-local-single-node