From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <...@scalytics.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2020 14:02:00 GMT
resent to the ML since Exim does not accept MIME Content-Type
'text/html' (#5.2.3)

Hey JB,

Wayang is  an intelligent scheduler to leverage multiple frameworks
and is doing spills / tasks of an RRD by themselves, when this speed
up the processing. We see us in the middle of Apache Spark, Apache
Beam and Apache Nemo. Personally I see us more into Apache Flink, but
with major advantages as described before. Our focus is more into AI /
ML and the productionizing of models, helping data engineers to get
the job with the right tool done in less time instead of always the
same.

For mentoring, you get my +1 😊 Would be great to have you in the
mentoring team!

Best,
--alex

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM Alexander Alten-Lorenz <alo@scalytics.io> wrote:

> Hey JB,
>

> Wayang is  an intelligent scheduler to leverage multiple frameworks and is doing spills
/ tasks of an RRD by themselves, when this speed up the processing. We see us in the middle
of Apache Spark, Apache Beam and Apache Nemo. Personally I see us more into Apache Flink,
but with major advantages as described before. Our focus is more into AI / ML and the productionizing
of models, helping data engineers to get the job with the right tool done in less time instead
to use always the same.

> For mentoring, you get my +1 Would be great to have you in the mentoring team!
>

> Best,
>
> --alex
>

> --
>
> Alexander Alten - Lorenz
>
> Chief Technology Officer
>
> Scalytics - Code once. Deploy on any cloud
>

> m:               alexander@scalytics.io
>
> ln:               www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderalten/
>
> m:               +49 151 156 81561
>

> Scalytics, Inc.
>
> Web: scalytics.io

reacted when I told them the old project name Rheem would probably not go down well and that
I would suggest changing the name.

> > I gave them some tips what things are important for Apache and what we lay emphasis
on and the team started brainstorming and doing all the trademark checks, taking options off
the list where problems could be expected.

> > So, upon acceptance here, the project would do the renaming together with the groupId
and package changing, which would be required anyway.

> > Right now, there are 3 people signed up as mentors, however knowing that not always
are all mentors available at every given time, it would be cool if we could find 1-2 more
to help out.

> > Chris

developers of the Wayang system. We write to you because we would like to bring your attention
to our Proposal for Incubation in the Apache foundation at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/WayangProposal