From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2020 11:13:29 GMT
Hi and welcome on this new communication channel.

I'd like to add, that I really liked how the project approached me and how they reacted when
I told them the old project name Rheem would probably not go down well and that I would suggest
changing the name.

I gave them some tips what things are important for Apache and what we lay emphasis on and
the team started brainstorming and doing all the trademark checks, taking options off the
list where problems could be expected.

So, upon acceptance here, the project would do the renaming together with the groupId and
package changing, which would be required anyway.

Right now, there are 3 people signed up as mentors, however knowing that not always are all
mentors available at every given time, it would be cool if we could find 1-2 more to help
out.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bertty Contreras <bertty@scalytics.io>
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. Dezember 2020 17:16
An: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Alexander Alten-Lorenz <alo@scalytics.io>; Rodrigo Pardo Meza <rodrigo@scalytics.io>
Betreff: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Dear all,

Rodrigo and Bertty, Senior Software Engineers at Scalytics, are two of the main developers
of the Wayang system. We write to you because we would like to bring your attention to our
Proposal for Incubation in the Apache foundation at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/WayangProposal

Please note that Wayang was named Rheem before, but we had to rename the project because of
trademark issues.
You can find the original project web page at:
https://rheem-ecosystem.github.io/

Best,
Bertty