From leerho <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation of Apache DataSketches Project to TLP
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2020 19:54:01 GMT
Folks,

We have completed a discussion and voting on our community list,
dev@datasketches.apache.org. as follows:

   - Discussion Thread:
   https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r691d6394e78f7a9d321fddd040b14a8282e7c6f799fb327ee743beae%40%3Cdev.datasketches.apache.org%3E
   - Vote Thread:
   https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r922e2a10e53b4eabdeb089336828c8c256277c9fd5ab80a3a13329d0%40%3Cdev.datasketches.apache.org%3E

We have completed a discussion on the Incubator General list,
general@incubator.apache.org as follows:

   - Discussion Thread:
   https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r65f2c40c15a35026f4bf2e270051cfffed1b47c78c5685e7dd353d2a%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

In summary we have 11 (+1) votes to graduate, and no (0) nor (-1) votes.

Of these 11, we have

   - 4 binding (+1) votes from our Mentors: Dave Fisher, Furkan Kamaci,
   Liang Chen, and Kenneth Knowles;
   - 6 PPMC members: Alex Saydakov, Eshcar Hillel, Jon Maklin, Justin
   Thaler, Lee Rhodes, Roman Leventov;
   - 1 Contributor: Michael Himes.

Please visit our documentation for this graduation so far:

   - Our Graduation Checklist:
   https://datasketches.apache.org/docs/Graduation/GraduationCheckList.html
   - Our Maturity Model:
   https://datasketches.apache.org/docs/Graduation/Maturity.html
   - Our Resolution:
   https://datasketches.apache.org/docs/Graduation/Resolution.html

If there is anyone in the IPMC that has any questions or concerns that
would block our ability to graduate, please bring these issues into this
thread.

Unless there are issues that need to be resolved, this vote will end next
Monday, Nov 30th, Midnight Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8).

If this vote concludes with no objections that would block our graduation,
I will proceed to the next step and draft the Proposal Letter to the Board.

It is not clear to me whether I, as DataSketches PMC Chair Elect, may send
this Proposal Letter to the Board, or whether it must be sent by one of our
Mentors or the IPMC Chair. Please advise.

Regards,
Lee Rhodes
DataSketches PMC Chair Elect, Committer