From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache ECharts as TLP (round 2)
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2020 03:50:01 GMT
Hi,

> The description of [1] is generated from GitHub release, so it will be
> updated with our next release, which is expected to happen in a few more days.

Good to hear.

> The description of [2] is generated from GitHub description. We can update
> the GitHub description, adding "Apache ECharts is ..." if you are OK with
> that.

That would be a good help it need to be clear that ECharts is an Apache project.

> We have made a lot of pull requests to fix README files and descriptions of
> third-party extensions like [3], making sure that they refer to the project as "Apache
> ECharts (incubating)”.

I think the issue is more than people might be confused and think these are parts of the Apache
project. e.g. "ECharts-GL is an extension pack of Apache ECharts (incubating), which providing
3D plots, globe visualization and WebGL acceleration.”

> See [a] for more information. What would you suggest adding to make the
> description more accurate, maybe adding "This is not an official Apache ECharts project”?

So yes I think add some text to make it clear these are not part of the Apache ECharts project
would help.

Thanks,
Justin