From Lewis John McGibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Flagon (incubating) as a Top Level Project
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2020 06:23:12 GMT
Hi Justin,
I'll comment here as well

On 2020/10/08 04:34:34, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didi my usual check and most things look good, but I can see a couple of minor things.
Hopefully the mentors can comment on the following:
> - Logo is missing form logos.apache.org

There is no such subdomain... can you double check the URL? Thank you

> - A few of the proposed PMC are not subscribed to the private list (Alex, Laura, Steve)

I will encourage them to join. Thanks for pointing that out.

> - It’s been a long time since the project added any committers (Looks like the last
was Arthi on 2017-01-24?)

Correct. I understand that this may indicate that the project is not attracting contributors
but I have never seen this as a blocker for graduation. There are plenty of TLP's that have
a small committer base and who have not added committters in a while. Apache Any23 is one
example that I know.

> - There doesn’t seem to be a lot of traffic on the mailing lists (dev and especially
user)

Correct. Again, this is a small project with a small user base. I don't think that this blocks
graduation though.

> - There seems to be several products (UserALE, Distill, Tap and Stout) but I only see
release votes for UserALE. How are the other products released?

They are not released and will not be. They are deprecated as indicated on the Website.

> - There also seem to be a python version of UserALE but I don’t see any release votes
for it either.

Correct. It was never released.

> - The last four board reports have listed the same goals to reach graduation. Has any
progress been made on these?

Based on the October2020 report (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/October2020#flagon)
we following are defined

    Work with IPMC to approve draft graduation resolution (blocking)
    Update release practices to be consistent with NPM, Python registry (non-blocking)
    Push new UserALE.js release (non-blocking)

This looks good to me and reflects reality. Do you have any further comments?

Thanks Justin
lewismc