From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New distribution guidelines
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2020 11:13:07 GMT
There's some spurious text at the start of the page:

"Skip to end of metadata Created by ASF Infrabot, last modified by
Justin Mclean on Jul 14, 2020 Go to start of metadata"

Also, what does the acronym IP mean?

I think there are some ambiguities:

- "Releases must be placed in the Apache mirror system."
Which releases are being referred to here? Source and binaries, or just sources?

- "Source releases and convenience binaries need to be made from IPMC
and PPMC approved ASF releases."
As it stands, the sentence appears to be recursive.

- "Where possible it should be pointed out that Apache project make
source releases and convenience binaries are just a convenience for
end user."
Does not read well.
I don't understand "source releases ... are just a convenience for end user.".
Does not make sense to me.

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 05:26, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi PPMC members,
>
> New distribution guidelines, that we have been working on for some time, have been published
here:
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/distribution.html
>
> They contain information on distributing releases on 3rd party platforms including Maven,
GitHub, Docker, NPM and PiPy.

> Note that these are good suggestions on best practice and incubating projects can do
things differently, but if you follow these guidelines, you are less likely to have issues
on graduation.