From Evan Rusackas <e...@preset.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Superset (incubating) as a TLP
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2020 06:31:21 GMT
Hi Justin,

We’re happy to move forward with all the people on the list (including our mentors, of course),
and are under the assumption that they want to continue their involvement. If we need to explicitly
contact them about moving from PPMC to PMC, we have not taken this action, and can do so.

I’m not too surprised to hear that one or more people haven’t sent emails to the list…
most of the engagement happens on the GitHub repo and on Slack. With help from our mentor,
I’ve already reached out to folks who were erroneously not on the private list (for varied
reasons), and I believe most have signed up already since then. Whimsy shows that 19 of 22
PPMC members are on the list presently, but I have no way of seeing which three are not.

All that having been said, we’ve reviewed the list and feel these PPMC members are indeed
active within the community and/or in good standing with the community.

Thanks,

-e-

Evan Rusackas
( he | him )
Frontend Lead
Preset | preset.io
On Sep 30, 2020, 11:53 PM -0700, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With your proposed PMC list I can see a number of the people mentioned don’t seem to
be active and a number are not signed up to the project private mailing list. A quick check
found at least one who looks to have not sent a single email to the mailing list during the
entire incubation project. Has the project asked if these people want to be on the new PMC?
When a projects graduates it sometimes a good idea to reduce the new PMC list to people who
are active in the project and prepared to take on responsibility of being PMC members.