From Joshua Poore <poor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Flagon (incubating) as a Top Level Project
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2020 05:06:52 GMT
Hi All,

> On Oct 8, 2020, at 12:29 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 8, 2020, at 9:20 AM, Lewis John McGibbney <lewismc@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Justin,
>>
>> On 2020/10/08 06:22:37, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So assuming 2 of the products are no longer maintained but it looks like the
other 2 without releases are. Are they going to be maintained and is there some intention
of making a releases of them in the future?

>> Products which have been released
>> * UserALE.js

UserALE.js has had Apache releases and is actively maintained and developed against. Should
be a new minor release later this quarter

>> Products which may be released
>> * UserALE.PyQt5 (I think)

UserALE.pyqt5 will be retired

>> Product which have not been released and are not maintained
>> * Distill - http://flagon.apache.org/docs/distill/
>> * TAP - http://flagon.apache.org/docs/tap/
>> * STOUT - http://flagon.apache.org/docs/stout/

STOUT and TAP will also be retired

We’re pulling relevant functionality from those to sub-projects into Distill, which will
be released after a significant refactor.

> Assuming that the IP is clear and a future release has no known Policy issues then I’m
ok.

> If these are truly to be retired then it might be friendly to make the repository read
only after adding a DISCLAIMER to the README file. This DISCLAIMER might include that the
repository may not have all the expected IP review that an Apache Release has and that it
should be used to the user’s own risk.

We have some disclaimers notices in our READMEs, but agree should also go in DISCLAIMER file
until projects are shelved or re-released. Good action.

Will coordinate with docs/website update

Will also beat bushes to get committers subscribed to the right lists.

> Not blockers to me.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Thanks, all!