From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Crail 1.2-incubating (rc2)
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:35:01 GMT
Changing my vote to +1. Be sure to fix the copyright date next time.

I noticed another "2018" in the source code -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/blob/master/doc/source/conf.py#L38
- so change that too.

Julian

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 4:31 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > -1 (binding) due to copyright year.
>
> I not looked at the release yet but I would say this sort of issue is fix in the next
release for an incubating project. Did you use the work in progress disclaimer?

> > * It is helpful to include basic build instructions in the distribution. I guessed
to use JDK 8 and ‘mvn -DskipTests install’ and apparently I guessed right.

> Instructions on how to compile in the readme are helpful, please don’t make people
try to guess how to build your software. Making it easy for people to review and votes on
releases helps as well.