From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open up incubator wiki to all committers
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2019 23:37:29 GMT
Hi Justin,

I don’t think this step is documented for new, graduated and retired podlings.

For example you still have zipkin in the list.

Regards,
Dave

> On Oct 10, 2019, at 4:18 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Yes, I saw that which is why I edited directly in the board whimsy.  Sorry
>> for being late.  ApacheCon and the board have been keeping me quite busy.
>> : o)  But I diid want to sync the incubator version up with my edits.
>
> Not sure it needs to sync up. The reason I make the report page read only the report
is submitted is so that people don’t edit it and those edits miss making it into the real
board report. This has happened in the past.

>> You don't actually explain why you're opposed to allowing committers
>> access.  You do say how things are currently, but vetoes should be
>> accompanied by an explanation of what you see wrong with the proposal.
>> What are you worried might happen?
>
> Reports are created by PPMC members not committers. It encourages podlings to keep their
PPMC information up to date. It's only this section of the wiki that is restricted to PPMCs,
the rest of the wiki (in general) has the default permission restrictions.