From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-cpp (incubating) 1.0.0 [RC2]
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 20:29:12 GMT
Hi,

> I would like to clarify a few things:
> - As I understand it is fine to deal with this going forward in the master,

Yep that fine, you have my +1 on this release.

> and we can proceed with this vote.
> - You propose to add one line "Copyright (c) 2017 Benjamin R. Jack" right
> after the header "MIT License" in the LICENSE file

Yes, you need the full license text as given in the project, that includes the copyright line.

> - You propose to remove something from the NOTICE file. What exactly?

The information about 3rd party license information goes in the LICENSE file not NOTICE. Those
links I provided in my previous email should help.

> Headers with license types? Is this a legal concern or just to keep this
> file as short as possible?

It’s ASF policy. Yes it’s to keep the NOTICE file short as possible as it has an affect
on downstream projects.

Thanks,
Justin