From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What are the infra steps when a podling graduates?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:23:30 GMT
Most of the steps required at this point actually happen before a podling
graduates.  Podlings now receive LDAP groups, e-mail works for both
podling.i.a.o and podling.a.o from day one.  Git repositories need to get
renamed and re-permissioned for LDAP if they were created pre-LDAP
integration.  New JIRA projects don't get created in the "incubating"
category.  Most of that work is behind the scenes.

I have a request out to infra to update the guide based on what they deem
appropriate, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14719 .  I haven't
pushed on getting this up to date as to me it's more important to get a
streamlined process than to document what the steps are needed.  Bottom
line, create the JIRA, they'll take care of you.  The good news, for
everyone's benefit, is that the list of things to be done when you graduate
are pretty small.

I would rather avoid many people updating this guide, since of the 54
podlings that are active, the majority of them will have an inconsistent
graduation experience due to the flux of their state while they were
incubating (we already had one case where a podling ended up with two LDAP
groups, but it was a complete fluke).

John