From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache RocketMQ from podling to TLP
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:15:19 GMT
Another thing that the IPMC will likely have issues with is
the list format of the initial members... The format should
be

  * Full Name <apache email>

eg:

  * Bruce Snyder <bsnyder@apache.org>

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 11:34 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Von Gosling,
>
> A few concerns pop up on my side when looking at this.
>
> - You're mixing public and private mailing lists in this email.
> - You may want to review [1] - we do call out the need to forward to the incubator that
the vote.  This is usually to start discussions.  Specifically we do ask in [2] that the charter
be sent before a vote to help us discuss it before the vote.

> I'd like you to consider these things and perhaps start a discussion thread.  We're more
than 3 weeks ahead of the board meeting so plenty of time to iron things out.  You can see
examples of what this looks like at [3] and [4].

> [1]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#the_graduation_process
> [2]: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#the_recommendation_vote
> [3]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/214424f03d6f7b47f3abc1e3da772627390a07960daa8b95365380bc@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
> [4]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f4050631cf7f561b8ce648ac04d9b3c86a6972b2f5e3a84e4d6139a1@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 11:08 PM Von Gosling <fengjia10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello IPMC,
>
> The recent DISCUSS thread in PPMC and VOTE thread in Community on the topic of Apache
RocketMQ graduation have been opened for at least 72 hours, and I believe all questions have
been answered and issues addressed at this point.

> With the discussion having settled down, I would now like to call for a recommendation
VOTE to present the ASF board with the following resolution to graduate from incubation and
establish Apache RocketMQ as a top-level project (TLP).

> RocketMQ PPMC DISCUSS thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a11743e18cf15c1c7ecbd6be7d2041453d5838a4ed2d1b8457f5dbc@%3Cprivate.rocketmq.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a11743e18cf15c1c7ecbd6be7d2041453d5838a4ed2d1b8457f5dbc@%3Cprivate.rocketmq.apache.org%3E>

> RocketMQ Community VOTE thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6fabcac0aeb8f649ee5e8ba2ab0c867a01d3e836c9adbd9072dc738e@%3Cdev.rocketmq.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6fabcac0aeb8f649ee5e8ba2ab0c867a01d3e836c9adbd9072dc738e@%3Cdev.rocketmq.apache.org%3E>

> RocketMQ Community VOTE RESULT thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/40cca6b958bdf0f9ec698ef35e54187fe884600c1fed4f98a79c1c2c@%3Cdev.rocketmq.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/40cca6b958bdf0f9ec698ef35e54187fe884600c1fed4f98a79c1c2c@%3Cdev.rocketmq.apache.org%3E>

> Apache RocketMQ entered incubation in November 2016. Since then there have been two releases
and four committers and one pmc candidate member have been added to the project. For each
release, source and binary artifacts have been made available. Based on the completed maturity
evaluation we believe that the project is ready to graduate from the incubator. More checklist
info about graduation, please refer to  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROCKETMQ/Graduation+Checklist
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROCKETMQ/Graduation+Checklist>

> Please vote on whether to recommend the following graduation resolution to the ASF Board.
>
> [  ]  +1, In favor of recommending the following graduation resolution to the ASF Board
to establish Apache RocketMQ as a TLP
> [  ]  +0, Neither opposed to, nor in favor of, recommending the following graduation
resolution to the Board
> [  ]  -1, Opposed to recommending the following graduation resolution to the Board(provide
details)

> This VOTE will be open for at least 72 hours. Here is my vote +1. Thanks to all Mentors
and Apache RocketMQ Project members for their support and contributions again.

> The full text of the resolution is below. If approved by the Apache Incubator PMC members,
the proposed resolution will be submitted to the Board of Directors for their consideration.