From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache Ignite - Persistent Store
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 20:54:08 GMT
Hi John,

I don't know all of the details of the code, but this is in regard to GridGain's grant via
SGA of a persistent store system which is a substantial body of code not developed at Apache.
So IMHO it is appropriate for the code grant to be reviewed.

I don't see any issues except it's difficult (for me, a git novice) to figure out the exact
donation. The reference is to a git repository that is "194 commits ahead, 240 commits behind
apache:master". Most of the donated code is in “modules/pds”.

Craig

> On May 20, 2017, at 8:53 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The commit referenced in the IP clearance reflects some changes in a pom
> file.  Is that the only change?
>
> In addition, the commit seems to be from Alexey Goncharuk, who is already a
> committer from the foundation (has an ICLA) and is on the PMC for ignite...
> so its not clear why an IP Clearance is needed.
>
> John
>
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:42 PM Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Apache Ignite is receiving code for distributed Persistent Store.
>>
>> See:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/persistent-distributed-store-ignite.html
>>
>> Please vote to approve the donation.
>>
>> This is a lazy consensus majority vote, open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Denis

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org