From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for a new mentor for Apache Slider
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 03:29:29 GMT
Vinod,

You are already a mentor [1].

It sounds like Gour is just looking for mentors to engage and sign off on reports. The technical
aspects seem secondary to that request.

-Taylor

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/slider.html

> On May 24, 2017, at 2:23 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I am from Hadoop PMC and am involved a bit in these transition.
>
> If the idea is to continue doing bug-fix releases on Apache Slider incubator, you can
count me in.

> Thanks
> +Vinod
>
>> On May 24, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Gour Saha <gsaha@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> Apache Slider is at a transition phase from being an independent incubator project
into Apache Hadoop as a module. The Apache Slider and Apache Hadoop team has been working
together on this for the past 1 year or so. During this transition the Apache Slider incubating
code will continue to be supported, of course with fewer releases mainly with bug fixes and
no major features.

>> At this interesting phase in Apache Slider's lifecycle, we are occasionally missing
mentor sign-offs on our reports. So we are looking for an additional mentor who can assist
the Slider community and the project through the remainder of this transition into Apache
Hadoop.