From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Return Log4cxx to the Logging Services project
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 05:10:00 GMT
No. To be honest, I’m not 100% sure if the community wants to move to git or not and I am
not quite sure what the process is to move from svn to git without losing history.  I guess
I will just create a Jira issue for infra and find out.

Also we have an outstanding infra request to combine all the logging dev lists but I don’t
seem to have permission to view the status of it.

Ralph

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 8:19 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ralph,
>
> Have you completed the process?  I see log4cxx is still listed as active in the incubator
records.

> John
>
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:45 PM Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> This vote has been open for more than 5 days. It received 5 +1 votes and no other votes.
So we will begin the process of moving the project back to Logging Services.

> Ralph
>
> > On Mar 11, 2017, at 10:31 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

> > Log4cxx was originally a sub-project of the Logging Services. In 2013 several users
became frustrated that they were submitting patches but there were no committers who could
apply them. The Logging Services PMC was not comfortable making them committers as that would
have given them commit rights to all the Logging Services projects, which at that time were
all hosted in Subversion. As a consequence Log4cxx became an incubator project in hopes those
who had expressed interest would start actively contributing to the project. After 3 1/2 years
this has not had the hoped for result, although it does have more activity than it did prior
to entering the incubator.

> > The Logging Services PMC believes there is no longer a point to having Log4cxx remain
in the incubator. The one active committer on Log4cxx has been voted in as a Logging Services
committer and the PMC has voted [1] to move the project back to Logging Services. This is
a vote for the incubator to affirm that move.

<https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser <https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser>>