From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The state of Sirona
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:28:16 GMT
I let this sit for a couple of days to see if anything changed either on
this thread or within Sirona.  While I can see there being some concerns
with those who are semi-active within Sirona, there's been no concrete path
forward.

So I want to propose the following, give Sirona time to identify a TLP
sponsor to graduate into, if that doesn't work, the IPMC move unilaterally
to retire the podling, indicating that they may move development into a
public area with the name Sirona.

Thoughts?

John

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 2:20 AM Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Retaining trademarks isn't required, especially if they aren't attached to
> strong project.
>

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 10:50 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
> wrote:
>
> > The "wrong" part (from a project's PoV) is that ASF retains trademarks...
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 for retirement.
> > >
> > > There's absolutely nothing wrong with a podling returning to the place
> > > from whence it came. I'm encouraged that that sentiment seems to be
> > > proliferating among the IPMC.
> > >
> > > -Taylor

> apache
> > > way