From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Incubator Governance Change
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2017 15:46:50 GMT
Probably the wrong place for this but…

What do people think about a governance change for approving releases through the IPMC to
wit:

A week of no vote activity over the release proposal of a podling should be considered a passing
vote. In other words the IPMC is to become a vetoing group.

I propose this for 2 reasons: 1) lack of votes or attention from the IPMC seems all too prevalent
and puts an undo drag on the energy and velocity of community involvement. 2) the release
has already been voted on and checked by at least 3 PMC members of the podling (which has
ASF mentors in most all cases) so a veto role by the IPMC seems to have minimum danger to
the ASF system of checks and balances.