From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC9)
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 02:34:41 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:27 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > The reason is that the license is a Cat B.  Otherwise, I would advise to
> > include it in your notices file as well.  NiFi does this well IMHO
> >
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/d838f61291d2582592754a37314911b701c6891b/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-ui/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE
>
> As far as I can see there nothing in the OFL that makes it a required
> notice and for anything to be place in NOTICE. What am I missing?

TBH, I'm not sure, and I'm perfectly OK if someone says "no, you're wrong."
 Most projects I've looked at have it within the NOTICE file.  This seems
to line up with our application of it in the Cat B list though
http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Or is your feeling that inclusion of the LICENSE is enough of a prominent
statement?