From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] new incubator project Apache IOT
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 00:35:50 GMT
Hi,

> In Unix operating systems devices are files. For the I2C bus the device id
> would /dev/i2c-0.(I do not believe this would be different on a PI vs and
> Arduino).

It a little different Arduino’s don't have an OS but a set of API/libraries you use. Lots
of small devices don't have OSes or file systems so what you target is going to change the
details a lot.

That even applies to Mynewt but it can be thought of as Linux for computers that can't run
Linux :-)

BTW Mynewt has also had some luck in getting 3rd parties to relicense their code under more
permissive licenses (which may be another path to consider).

Thanks,
Justin