incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Preliminary NetBeans cost findings
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:04:00 GMT

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:40 PM, David Nalley <> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 1:52 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <> wrote:
>> suggestion is for infra (David or Greg) to give us their ok to
>> proceed with the vote...

> ...The Office of the President doesn't have any oversight over PMCs, so
> strictly speaking the IPMC can proceed with this however it likes on
> whatever timetable it sees fit...

My intention as the NetBeans champion is to be collaborative, so even
though you guys have no formal power w.r.t voting the podling in I
think it's worth agreeing on how we proceed.

> ...With my VP Infra/member/IPMC member hats on, I'd prefer seeing the
> plan for plugins.nb.o in place before you consider this....

I see two options then:

a) We don't vote on the NetBeans proposal until the current NetBeans
team + mentors have worked with infra (on this list I assume) on a
plan for once NetBeans moves to the ASF. I
suspect this can easily take two weeks.

b) We vote on the NetBeans proposal without waiting, and the podling
assumes the risk of having to wait for budget or technical solutions
to run at or via the ASF.

Do people agree that these options make sense, and Geertjan which one
is your and your team's favorite?


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message