From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.0.0-incubating Release
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:48:03 GMT
Hi,

One of my concerns was that the code may be a port of something under a different license
(given the directory naming). For example there’s QNX FS code in Linux which is GPL licensed.
[3] (date seem to be about 2.2) However I think it may be a port to get the software to run
on QNX4 and written from scratch [1]. But I’m not certain where exactly the code may of
come from. 1999 predates ALv2 and at the time postgres 6.5 wasn’t licensed under APv2 but
was free [2]. We’re talking 20 years ago!

There's probably an alternative simpler solution if you prefer. Do you need to support QNX4
file system? If not remove the files.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://grokbase.com/t/postgresql/pgsql-ports/99cfhywfjm/qnx4-port