From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.0.0-incubating Release
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 22:19:55 GMT
Hi,

> Sure, but mu point is: since I'm not comfortable going against the
> current stated policy
> on unmodified 3d party:
>    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

Why exactly is that against policy? You are adding a header to make clear what the license
of that file is. That not a modification or removal of the license (point 1) it’s just documentation.
I would note that point 2 states "Do ensure that every third-party work includes its associated
license, even if that requires adding a copy of the license from the third-party download
site into the distribution”, so in that case if you don’t add the header you would not
be complying with that policy, unless the full license text is placed somewhere else in the
release.

Thanks,
Justin