From Tony Faustini <t...@litbit.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept the iota project into the Apache Incubator
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 05:22:07 GMT
Hi Hadrian, thanks so much for setting up the infrastructure. I will ask the remaining individuals
to submit their ICLA and also ask Litbit to submit it’s CCLA. I will likely volunteer to
take care of the initial admin duties until we get a flow of communication and a decision
making via the mailing lists is established. Thanks for submitting the first first monthly
report. Is the code grant process you are referring to below the CCLA or is it an additional
requirement?

-Tony

> On Feb 5, 2016, at 8:14 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hadrian@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> A bit of status. Most of the infrastructure is created. The Jira space is waiting for
a reboot of the system and will only be available next Tue. The git repo is however available
and we can start the code grant process (by litbit, whom afaik owns the IP). Committers should
continue to submit the iclas and subcribe to lists.

> The project needs to submit a report to the incubator quarterly (monthly for the first
3 mo). I took the liberty tho submit the report for this month [1], but I expect one or more
committers to step up (the ASF is a meritocracy) and take care (with help) of admin duties.
Once most everybody subscribes to the list, such communication should happen on the (mailing)
lists.

> Best,
> Hadrian
>
> [1] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2016
>

> On 02/01/2016 12:51 AM, Tony Faustini wrote:
>> Hi Hadrian, thanks for setting this all up. I have already sent in my ICLA and I
hope that the other contributors will follow this week. We are working on our corporate CLA
and that too should be in place soon. We are excited about the creation of this community
and we look forward to others participating.

>> Again thanks for setting  up the iota polling we hope this will become a vibrant
community of interest for many individuals and corporations alike.

>> -Tony
>>
>>> On Jan 31, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Tony, Reza,
>>>
>>> I found time this weekend to setup the iota podling. The proposal is now listed
in the index or proposals [1]. The project status page [2] is setup and listed in the incubator
list [3]. I will maintain the status page in the early phases. I created an issue for infra
to create the project resources [4] (mailing lists, git repo, etc). This should not take long.

>>> Please review the incubation policy on setting up a new podling [5]. What you'll
need to do (or complete, because I think you already started) is the CLAs (individual and
corporate), orientation (it really helps) and the code grant and IP clearance.

>>> Feel free to get in touch with me as necessary to coordinate. It'll get easier
once the mailing list are created.