From Serge Huber <shu...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Confusion over NOTICE vs LICENSE files
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 11:05:22 GMT
As an engineer that's not an expert at legal stuff I was wondering if there isn't a way to
solve this with tooling ?

I've seen a few Maven plugins out there but they don't seem to work properly, especially for
binary distributions.

I've started a plugin myself here [1] but it's still in heavy development. Basically it's
aimed at help building license and notice files for binary distributions by scanning all the
jars in a directory recursively, trying to find notice, license or Pom.xml files and I was
even then looking at connecting it to scm systems or using search.maven.org to find project
metadata.

But better conventions on the format and content of the files that would make automated processing
easier would also be a great thing, but that might be too late already.

Cheers,
  Serge

[1] https://github.com/sergehuber/Legal-Maven-Plugin

Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder

T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com
SKYPE | LINKEDIN | TWITTER | VCARD

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY to evaluate, get trained and to discover why Jahia is a leading User
Experience Platform (UXP) for Digital Transformation.