From Rob Vesse <rve...@dotnetrdf.org>
Subject Re: Websites at podling.apache.org
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 09:44:13 GMT
I seem to remember that INFRA used to do redirects but decided to stop
doing them because it made the transition to TLP easier for podlings post
graduation because their "final" URL was active from as soon as they start
(assuming they don't name change during incubation)

Pretty much any of the current crop of podlings can be resolved via
podling.apache.org AFAICT

e.g.

http://eagle.apache.org

This does look to be at odds with the branding requirements but provided
that the podling is following other requirements e.g. clear use of
Incubating in the name, incubation disclaimer etc I don't see that the
IPMC necessarily needs to continue enforcing the subdomain requirement?

Rob