From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Impala into the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 23:04:42 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

> Greg,
>
> May I suggest a compromise? Enter incubation with no explicit commit
> policy and let the community choose a commit policy if and when they see
> fit.

The community already discussed it and made a choice. They'll make the same
choice in a couple weeks after the podling starts its activity.

If they started as CTR and made a choice after growing the community, and
chose RTC at that time, then I'd have no problem. Right now, the initial
set of committers have been using RTC and wish to stick to that, rather
than provide the decision to a larger/newer community. (IMO, of course)

Cheers,
-g