From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject [PODLINGNAMESEARCH] Tempo - will there be issues using this name?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:36:20 GMT
This is an issue for trademarks actually. For the reason Tony described
I assume the podling should look for a more suitable name.

Advice appreciated.
Hadrian

On 12/04/2015 03:03 PM, Tony Faustini wrote:
> Hi all,  as part of the due diligence for the TempoProposal we need to see if the name
’Tempo’ is viable. I did a search of the US Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)
and found 188 live uses of this name as well as a Google Search. The most interesting one
that emerged and that is directly related to this technology space was a Chicago based start-up
called TempoIQ see https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tempo#/entity <https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tempo#/entity>.
It would be good to get the Apache Legal team perspective on this. I didn’t do an International
search on the name yet but will do so if needed.