From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Freemarker Incubation proposal
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 18:43:15 GMT
Some misc comments on the great feedback we have received so far (thanks to all for your help
and interest):

* Sergio, Ralph, we are happy to have you as mentors of Freemarker. I have edited the proposal
document to include you in the mentors group; five mentors is plenty, so we should be good
under this aspect. Jacques, you offered to mentor in another thread; thanks but for mentoring
it's required to be a member of the IPMC or of the ASF

* I agree with Bertrand and Ted that it will be mandatory for this project to build a larger
community: in fact we are aware about this and are determined to work hard to grow an healthy
(even if small) community, if we will be accepted in the Incubator; some good ideas have been
proposed in this thread by John and Chris about how to do this and we will discuss other ideas
as well

* Julian and Ralph mentioned Velocity as a somewhat similar project; it is definitely true
that there are similarities in scope (they are both Java template engines) but we don't think
that merging them would be a good fit because there are big differences in the architecture,
codebase, philosophy and history; as you have suggested we are going to include a sentence
that explains the relationship with Velocity in our proposal

Regards,

Jacopo