From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.1.0-incubating
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 03:19:53 GMT
Hi,

+0 (binding) as I’m unable to get the release to compile.

This may be my setup or perhaps an issue with the pom.xml file. When trying to compile I get:
The project org.apache.nifi:nifi:0.1.0-incubating (/Users/justinmclean/Downloads/ApacheNiFi/nifi-0.1.0-incubating/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.nifi:nifi-parent:pom:1.0.0-incubating
in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local
POM @ line 18, column 13 -> [Help 2]

Any ideas?

Everything else looks good:
- Signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct (I doubled check all licenses - nice work!)
- No unexpected binary files (although there are some binary test files)
- All source files have headers

A couple of very minor things:
- Consider signing release with an apache.org email. The signatures is fine (and perhaps it's
just me) but I‘m less likely to trust something signed with “nameXX@hotmail.com” style
email address. :-)
- Consider releasing a .tar.gz package as well as a .zip package
-Consider (but not required) adding “apache" to the artefact name.
-The value of the scm tag ("nifi-0.1.0-incubating-rc13”) in the pom file may be incorrect.

Thanks,
Justin