From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Slider 0.80.0-incubating
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 13:53:40 GMT

> On 15 May 2015, at 01:42, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Seems OK but +0 until LICENSE issue explained/resolved.
>
> I checked:
> - File contains “incubating”
> - Signatures and hashes correct
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE may some issues
> - NOTICE correct
> - all source has Apache headers
> - can compile from source
> - test fail but that probably my setup
>
> LICENSE issues:
> - Looks like there may be  an issue with the app-packages directory.. This is bundled
into the source release and while there is a LICENSE file in the directory the content of
the LICENSE file in this directory don’t seem to reflect what is in the top level LICENSE
file. [1] From a quick look I couldn’t see anything that was bundled that isn’t the the
top level LICENSE but it seems a little odd.

That's odd: I don't see it

$ find . -name LICENSE
./LICENSE
./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/LICENSE
./slider-agent/src/main/python/kazoo/LICENSE

we have a LICENSE file for the jinja and kazoo python libraries we pull in/redist as source.
Is that what you are referring to?

> I also notice this in the pom.xml file - should this be there and if so why?
> <licenseMerge>GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1|LGPL 2.1</licenseMerge>

that just tells the merge checker which strings to merge together when generating aggregate
reports of what licenses you depend on. We don't have any such dependencies; it's probably
just there because we cut and paste it in while setting up the license check. I can cut the
line from the source if you want; it doesn't make any difference to the build.