From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 05:18:35 GMT

On 4/26/15, 9:57 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

>HI,
>
>> Are you saying once we let someone use Apache Foo, they can also use
>> Apache Bar without asking again?
>
>As long at as it's correctly attributed and follows Apache trademark
>guidelines/policy [1] there’s no need to ask for permission to use an
>Apache trademark. You’ll note it states "Anyone can use ASF trademarks if
>that use of the trademark is nominative”.

For nominative use, you wouldn’t have to ask the first time.  I guess I
wasn’t clear, but I was talking about when you do have to ask.  For
example, I wanted to use Flex in the title of my blog.  The attribution I
was told to use is:

"Apache Flex, Flex and Apache are either registered trademarks or
trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or
other countries, and are used with permission as of 2013.”

I would be surprised if this gives me permission to add other Apache
trademarks to my blog title.

-Alex