From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:17:35 GMT

On 4/26/15, 9:10 PM, "Marvin Humphrey" <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

>On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Please explain in this thread or in the JIRA issue why this a concern.
>> How is this bad for Apache?
>
>So, if I look on the page `flx_olapdatagrid_ol.html`, I see the following
>text
>in the middle...
>
>    The product field can have the values: ColdFusion, Flex,
>    Dreamweaver, and Illustrator
>
>... and then the following text at the bottom:
>
>    Adobe and Adobe Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks
>of
>    Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other
>countries and
>    are used by permission from Adobe.  No other license to the Adobe
>    trademarks are granted.
>
>It seems as those Adobe has denied us the use of "ColdFusion",
>"Dreamweaver",
>and "Illustrator" by not including them in the whitelist, and then using
>the
>"no other license" language.

The list of Adobe products in the text at the bottom was created by me
from a template given to me by Adobe lawyers.  Apparently, I missed
listing a few products.  Way upthread I said I got permission from Adobe
legal to do the following:

"If I missed listing a trademark, I’ll add it in
the first commit after this donation lands in the repo, but where the
trademark names are just used in an example to show people how to put a
list of things in a UI widget, I’ll just replace those names with
something not trademarked."

This is now the third time I’ve put these words in this thread.  So either
I’m not communicating clearly, or there is a problem with executing such a
mitigation that I still don’t understand.

-Alex