From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:19:44 GMT

On 4/22/15, 6:38 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> I guess I don’t understand.  For review, the language is variations of:
>>
>> "Adobe and Adobe Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of
>> Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries
>>and
>> are used by permission from Adobe. No other license to the Adobe
>> trademarks are granted.”
>
>Which means to me we can us Adobe and Adobe Flash Flash trademarks but no
>other Adobe trademarks.

That’s correct, and only on that page.  That’s why it or variants of it is
copied to several pages.  If I missed listing a trademark, I’ll add it in
the first commit after this donation lands in the repo, but where the
trademark names are just used in an example to show people how to put a
list of things in a UI widget, I’ll just replace those names with
something not trademarked.

AFAIK, that should be acceptable to Apache, but maybe you are thinking of
some policy that I’m not aware of or remembering.

-Alex